- Tell us about a little bit about yourself and your passions?
Hi my name is Courtney Renniers I’m 21 years old and an owner of my very own beauty salon. I am an ambitious and goal driven young women who is always pushing to be better today then I was yesterday.
- What made you want to become a Felion?
I’ve been a serious rugby fan since I was ten. I would see the Felions dancing on the field and I would tell my mom, “I want to be a Felion!” I love being a part of the fun and being a dancer you definitely create a huge hype for the fans.
- What was the audition process like?
The audition process was nerve-wrecking! The old lions girls taught us a two minute routine once and each girl had to repeat it one by one . We auditioned around six times and our bodies were evaluated and our dance skills, make-up and hair checked. It’s definitely not for sissies.
- What is the funniest or craziest thing you’ve seen a fan doing at the stadium?
I think the funniest for everyone is watching the drunk guys streak across the field in hope they’ll actually make it!!! However, in five years I’ve never seen one successful streaker .
- Who is your favourite Lions player?
Faf de Klerk
- Do you and the other Felions spend time together outside of game day?
Yes, we do indeed. We have several other events (dancing, modeling) that we do together and we have created friendships where we do fun things together.
- What has been your biggest highlight as a Lions cheerleader?
I would have to say when Emirates took over as a sponsor, our boys definitely started to up their game. 2015 has been an excellent year for the Lions.
- When you’re not cheering on the Lions, what do you do in your free time?
My free time now consists of comp preparation for my fitness shows. I have recently been bitten by the fitness bug and my new goal is compete with my boyfriend Wayne Coetzee WBFF-pro overseas.
- How do you keep fit?
I gym twice a day with weights, cardio and dancing rehearsals.
- Please give us some tips to get a body like yours!
Eating healthy is key, training of course helps but it’s 80% food and 20% training.
- Favourite food?
Ribs and chips
- Cats or Dogs?
- What do look for in a guy you date?
I would definitely say a guy with good family values , has respect for his lady and is well groomed. A man with a good body means he looks after himself and cares about his health and appearance.
- What advise can you give to the young girls out there?
You don’t know what will happen tomorrow so stop planning and live everyday as it comes to the fullest. Dream big , work hard and never give up on something you want to achieve. Rome wasn’t built in a day and working hard will pay off.
- Fitness tip and health tip?
Train for at least an hour a day, eat 6 to 8 small meals a day, get a good night’s sleep and drink 2 to 3 liters of water a day .
- What is your best dance move?
- Do you like being a Felion?
I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it
- How is it to dance infront of thousands of people?
It’s so hard to explain the feeling when people ask because there is nothing more rewarding after rehearsing and getting on the field to cheer for our boys: “LIONS.”
- How do you stay confident?
Staying confident is believing in myself and knowing I have worked hard to be on the field. I believe my talent was a gift from God and that is something I want to show off.